Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages Terms and Conditions
1. Please note that all our accommodation is non smoking – Please would all guests observe this without exception.
2. When you confirm your booking by the payment of a deposit or the full costs of the booking, you are entering into a contract between the person making the booking (‘the Hirer’) and Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages. Please read the following conditions of let carefully and ask for clarification of any point that may be unclear to you.
- 3. The rental period runs from 16:00 hrs on the day of arrival until 10:00hrs on the day of departure.
- A firm booking will be made on receipt of the deposit to the value of £60 for one of the cottages or £100 for the main house. The Hirer is then liable for payment of the balance of the total sum due at least four weeks prior to the start of the holiday. In the event of bookings made within four weeks of the arrival date, the full amount will be due at the time of booking.
- 4. A security deposit of £150 for the main house and £80 for each cottage booked is payable four weeks before your holiday or at the time of booking if within four weeks of arrival. Subject to the propery being returned to us in a good, clean condition the deposit will be returned to you within two weeks of the end of your stay. If there are any breakages, excessive cleaning and/or complaints from neighbours or other guests then reasonable costs will be taken from the deposit before it is refunded. In the event that the cost of putting right the property, owing to damage caused by or due to the negligence of the Hirer, exceeds the amount of security deposit Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages reserve the right to pursue the Hirer for the full costs involved.
- 5. In the event of a cancellation up to six weeks prior to the arrival date, the deposit will be refunded only if Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages subsequently re-let the cancelled period. Any cancellation made within six weeks of the arrival date will result in the total loss of the full amount of the booking unless the cancelled period, as above, can be re-let. Any discounts made by Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages to facilitate the re-letting will be retained from any refunded amounts. The Hirer is responsible for the arrangement of appropriate holiday cancellation insurance and, for the avoidance of doubt, the owner provides no such cover as part of the contract.
- 6. Only the number of people who booked may occupy the booked accommodation. Sub-letting or assignment of the let is strictly prohibited.
- Personal property of Hirer and other guests occupying the accommodation is not the responsibility of Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages. Vehicles and personal property are left at your own risk.
- 7. Cots are provided free of charge when requested in advance but guests must bring their own cot bedding.
- The Hirer may bring one dog by arrangement for a charge of £15. The Hirer must agree to accept our commonsense list of 'Doggie Do's and Doggie Don'ts' which will be sent at the time of booking. The Hirer should bring their own dog’s bedding. The dog must be house trained, confined to public rooms, not allowed on furniture and never left unattended in properties. Out of doors, dogs must be kept under control and they must not be allowed into the front field if sheep are grazing. On no account must dogs be allowed to foul in the garden areas. Pet owners are obliged to leave the property dog hair and odour free. If this obligation is not fulfilled any additional cleaning etc will be chargeable as laid out in clause 3.
- 8. Asda make grocery deliveries to the village. Guests can register online at www.asda.com with their own name and address but if they wish to place an order to be delivered to Pentre Bach then they must change the address to Pentre Bach, Llwyngwril, Gwynedd, LL37 2JU for their holiday order. Guests must ensure that the selected delivery time slot is when they will be at Pentre Bach as we cannot be responsible or available to accept any deliveries.
- 9. We do not make a charge for wireless internet access, and it is therefore provided on a ‘best endeavours’ basis only. It is provided without guarantee and we cannot accept responsibility for any problems caused or losses incurred should it not be available to you. Neither shall we be responsible for anything that you download, knowingly or otherwise, and responsibility for the security and safety of any equipment you connect to our wireless internet facility remains with the Hirer.
- 10. If for any reason the accommodation is not available to you on the dates booked due to unforeseen circumstances, Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages will take reasonable steps to find suitable alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available then all sums paid by the Hirer will be refunded. Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages will have no further liability to the Hirer or any other party.
- 11. We reserve the right to not hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property – in any such case all moneys shall be refunded and the Contract terminated without further liability. We also reserve the right to terminate the Contract at any time or remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests or neighbours. In such a case any refund would be entirely at the discretion of Pentre Bach Holiday Cottages.
- 12. In line with current legislation, the booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only and vacant possession must be given at the end of this period.